Mary's Little Office

Friday, March 3, 2017

For a Happy Death


Leyte Philippine Islands
 
Black vieled Filipino women kneel during Holy Mass while a badly burned American Army officer lies swathed in bandages in Cens Cathedral.

O my Lord and Saviour, support me in my last hour, in the strong arms of the Sacraments and the fragrance of Thy consolations. Let Thy absolving words be said over me, and the holy oils sign and seal me; and let Thy own Body be my food and Thy Blood my sprinkling; and let Thy Mother Mary come to me, and my angel whisper peace to me, and Thy glorious saints and my own dear patron smile on me, that in and through them all I may die and I desire to live, in Thy Church, in Thy Faith, and in Thy Love. Amen.

Eucharistic Hours 
Pellegrini & Co.,
Sydney, Australia, 1939



No comments:

Post a Comment