Mary's Little Office

Sunday, May 21, 2017

21st Visit to Jesus & Mary

Dedication, Introduction & Index
Let those who thirst come to Me.





THE FOUNTAIN OF PARADISE
 


"Where the body is, there the eagles gather,"
(Luke 17). 

The general interpretation of the Saints is that this body represents Jesus Christ and the eagles are souls detached from earthly things. Like eagles they rise high above the earth. They fly up to Heaven to which their thoughts and their love always aspire and there they find their everlasting rest. 

But even while still on earth these eagles find their Heaven wherever they find Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. This is so true that they seem to be unable to tear themselves away from His presence. 

Thus St. Jerome comments: If eagles on getting the scent of a body set out from a distance to find it, so all the more should we be drawn to run and to fly to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament; for He is the Food that best satisfies the hunger of our hearts. 

Even as the thirsty stag runs with speed to the water springs; so the Saints in this valley of tears have thirsted for this fountain of Paradise. 

In no matter what work Father Baltasar of the Society of Jesus was engaged, he often turned his gaze towards the place where he knew the Blessed Sacrament was kept; he made visits to it frequently, and sometimes he remained there the whole night long. He was saddened to see the palaces of the great full of people courting a man from whom they hoped for some contemptible favour, while the churches were left empty―the churches where the Supreme Ruler of the World dwells with us on earth; in which seated on a throne of love He is rich in favours and blessings that are tremendous and everlasting. 

He considered the lot of Religious an extremely happy one because in their own homes they could visit their Divine Master both night and day; and people in the world could not do this. 

Most loving Master, in your great kindness you invite me to come close to your side, even though I am of so little worth and so ungrateful to your love; therefore, I will not be discouraged because of my miseries. Look down upon me, for I am coming close beside you. Change me and expel from my heart all love that is not for you―take from me every thought that does not please you, and every wish that does not aspire to you. You alone, I wish to please, Jesus my Love, my Treasure; alone, you are deserving of all my love; alone, with all my heart I want to love you. Detach me from everything else, my loving Master, and bind me to you alone―but I want you to bind me in such a way that never again, in this life or the next, will I be able to separate myself from you any more.

Aspiration
―My sweetest Jesus, never let me be separated from you.  



SPIRITUAL COMMUNION  

Jesus, I believe you are in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you; I want you to come to me. Come into my heart; I embrace you; O never depart from me.  
 

A VISIT TO MARY 

OUR ADVOCATE
 


 
Mother of Mercy!
We turn to you in this valley of tears.

"The advocate of all the wicked who seek her help"―This is what the Blessed Virgin Mary was called by Dionisius, the Carthusian. 

O great Mother of God, it is your office to defend the cause of those who are most guilty, if they appeal for your help. Look down on me, prostrate at your feet. To you I appeal. I address you in the words of St. Thomas of Villanova, "You are our advocate; then do your appointed work."  Fulfil your office by undertaking my defense. I am guilty, it is true: I have offended my God deeply; and after He has been so good in bestowing His favours and graces on me. But it will be enough if you tell Him that you are my protector. Then will I be forgiven and I will be saved. The wrong has been already done by me; but you can save me still.

Aspiration
―My dear Mother, you must save me.

Prayer After Your Visit




See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment