Mary's Little Office

Monday, August 21, 2017

Prayer Made Simple


The Holy Family

I recall a person who arrived at a very high degree of prayer by means of this very simple procedure.

She said to herself: "If I should see our Lord, how would I react? What would I say to Him? How would I comport myself with Him?" 
Then she would vivify her faith and say: "I do not see Him with my eyes, but faith assures me that He is present in the tabernacle. Now, if He is here before me, I wish to enact what I should feel and say, and do, as I would feel and say and do it if I were seeing Him with my bodily eyes." 
Thus she intensified her faith and facilitated her intercourse with God.

Secrets of Interior Life
Luis M. Martinez
Archbishop of Mexico
B. Herder Book Company, 1949

No comments:

Post a Comment