Mary's Little Office

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Sheltering the Divine Outcast


Over the great Road of Life the Divine Outcast of the world wanders day and night. Before each heart-door He begs for admittance. Watch Him as He walks up the lane and taps with infinite tenderness on the crimson casements of the throbbing pulses of the world. Before some, He stands and waits; moss-covered are the steps and moldy is the casement; there is no life within, no response to the loving pleadings of the Outcast. He turns sadly away. Through lordly mansion-gates He passes, and on the marble steps before the heavy oaken door He stands expectant. Music and song and laughter reach the Outcast's ear. He knocks but no one hears; so, heart-sore and weary, He moves away. 

I'll shelter Thee when it's sunshine,
I'll shelter Thee when it's grey,
I'll shelter Thee through the night Lord,
I'll shelter Thee all the day.
No one will ever dislodge Thee
From this home within my soul,
Here I will turn, and love Thee
Till my heart beats the final toll.

Sheltering the Divine Outcast
Pellegrini & Co., 1932




No comments:

Post a Comment