Mary's Little Office

Thursday, December 6, 2018

First Friday of December

Photo Story

Among the promises made by Jesus to St. Margaret Mary for the clients of His Sacred Heart, we find this consoling one: "I will be their secret refuge in life and especially in death." These words point to a special grace, imparted to the zealous adorers of this Sacred Heart―namely, the grace of final perseverance and a happy death. This grace is the natural fruit of devotion to the Sacred Heart, for souls who truly venerate this Heart will be solicitous to avoid all that might displease It, and, on the contrary, will be zealous in doing that which pleases this adorable Heart.


In this manner souls steadily grow in virtue, advancing in perfection until the hour of death approaches, when they will be one with the Sacred Heart. This Heart, their highest and only good in life, will now in the decisive moment of death, which decides their fate for all eternity, be their secure refuge. Then Jesus will be their strength, so that they may courageously conquer the last fierce attacks of the Evil One. The thought of the pending judgment is not terrifying, because with St. Margaret Mary they can say: "Oh, how sweet it is to die after having cherished a tender devotion to the Heart of Him Who will be our Judge!" Such souls do not fear the pain of parting from this world for they have long since, for the love of Jesus, renounced all earthly goods, severed all worldly ties, and now there remains but to leave this mortal frame―the body, to go forth to see Him Who was to them more than father, mother, and brother, Who during life was their only love. Should not such a death be blissful!

Affections:  O my dear Saviour, I have anew recognized the inexpressible delight of souls who consecrate themselves to Thy Sacred Heart. They find in this Heart all the graces, the comfort, and the help they need. United with Thy loving Heart, they possess all, and there is nothing more to be desired. I consecrate myself to Thee today, anew, and pray Thee to give me an increase of love. Let Thy Sacred Heart be my model, my refuge in every need, my resting-place in life and in death. Give me grace to breathe out my last sigh in Thy Sacred Heart, and to depart this life in perfect love.

Resolution: I will frequently renew my complete abandonment to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 

Spiritual bouquet: "How sweet it is to die after having cherished a tender devotion to the Heart of Him Who will be our judge."


Take, O Lord

Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. Thou hast given me all that I am and all that I possess; I surrender it all to Thee that Thou mayest dispose of it according to Thy Will. Give me only Thy love and Thy grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will have no more to desire. 
     (Indulgence of 300 days, once a day.―Pope Leo XIII, May 26, 1883.)

Jesus - The Model of Religious 
Frederick Pustet Co.,  1925
Volume One






No comments:

Post a Comment