Mary's Little Office

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Cast Off The Works of Darkness

Photo Story

Come, Lord Jesus, come into our hearts, we cry to Thee with Holy Church, with all who love Thy Advent. By watching and praying, we will prepare the way for Thee, that sleep may not hold us captive, and Thou pass us by. Extricate our souls from darkness, heal our wounds and weakness, replenish us with Thy divine love, that Thou mayest enter our hearts and take up therein Thy lasting abode. We will receive Thee with holy ardor and Thou will give us grace to become children of God.

Resolution: During the holy season of Advent, we will practice those mortifications which we need most to make our hearts receptive for the graces of the Saviour.  


Jesus, My Lord, My King

Jesus, my Lord, my King, do Thou take complete possession of my heart, of my soul, of my whole being, that I may love Thee and serve Thee faithfully. Grant me the gift of perseverance in Thy grace. Strengthen me, that, in union with Thee, I may do perfectly the heavenly Father's Will. Le me never more be separated from Thee by sin. I love Thee above all things and with my whole heart. "Thou art the God of my heart, and the god that is my portion forever."
     Increase my faith, strengthen my hope, kindle Thy love within me, that I may die to self and live but for Thee. All for the greater glory of God!


Jesus - The Model of Religious 
Frederick Pustet Co.,  1925
Volume One



No comments:

Post a Comment