Mary's Little Office

Monday, December 3, 2018

First Monday of Advent

Photo Story

O infinitely loving God, from all eternity Thou hast foreseen the ingratitude of man, and nevertheless Thou didst endow him with such extraordinary gifts. With infinite mercy, Thou didst will that where sin had reigned, grace should be more abundant. Grant that we may faithfully utilize the means of grace which Thou hast left to Thy Church as fruit of Thy redemption. With the aid of Thy grace, O good Jesus, may we praise and thank Thee, and glorify Thee every moment of our lives. Help us especially according to Thy merciful designs, to sanctify this time of grace by fervent prayer and works of penance, that at Thy Advent Thou mayest find a well-prepared abode in our hearts. 
To thee, most gracious Virgin do we turn, to thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve in this vale of tears. Turn thy merciful eyes upon us, and as thou once gavest us the Saviour, so now be the mediatrix of His graces. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Resolution: We will strive to prepare our hearts for the reception of grace by the zealous practice of mortification. 


Soul of Christ

Soul of Christ, be my sanctification.
Body of Christ, be may salvation.
Blood of Christ, fill all my veins.
Water of Christ's side, wash out my stains.
Passion of Christ, my comfort be.
O good Jesus, listen to me.
In Thy wounds I fain would hide,
Ne'er to be parted from Thy side.
Guard me should the the foe assail me.
Call me when my life shall fail me.
Bid me come to Thee above.
With Thy Saints to sing Thy love.
World without end.  Amen.  


Jesus - The Model of Religious 
Frederick Pustet Co.,  1925
Volume One




No comments:

Post a Comment