Mary's Little Office

Thursday, February 6, 2020

As the Dewey Shades of Even


Barbara Scott (sleeping ice skater), Switzerland, 1948

As the Dewy Shades of Even.

The Manual of Children of Mary - 1930

As the dewy shades of even
Gather o'er the balmy air,
Listen, gentle Queen of Heaven,―
Listen to my vesper prayer.
Holy Mother, near me hover;
Free my thoughts from aught defiled;
With thy wings of mercy cover,
Safe from harm thy helpless child.

Thine own sinless heart was broken,―
Sorrow's sword had pierced it through:
Give, oh, give me some sweet token
Of thy tender love so true.
Queen of sorrows, guard and guide me;
Let me to thine arms repair;
In thy tender bosom hide me;
Mary, take me to thy care.

Continue to Vespers


I opened the window to the gentle rain and said my prayers there.



Page 404


No comments:

Post a Comment