Mary's Little Office

Monday, April 10, 2017

Eleventh Visit to Jesus and Mary

They listened to their Good Angel, and their Good Angel led them to their Divine Pastor.



THE GOOD SHEPHERD

St. Teresa gives us this counsel: "Let us take care never to wander far from our dear Shepherd, Jesus, and never to be out of His sight; because the sheep which keep close to their shepherd always receive more caresses and are better fed; with them he shares special dainties from the food that he himself is eating; if the shepherd should fall asleep the lamb does not go away until he wakes againit will even awaken him itself. Then he will caress it again and give it another choice morsel from his own supply of food. 

My Redeemer, here I am close to you in this Holy Sacrament. The only food, that I want you to give me, is fervor and perseverance in your love. 


O Holy Faith, how grateful I am to you because it is you who make known to me
―and give me certainty―that in this Divine Sacrament of the altar and in this Heavenly Bread, there is no longer any bread; but in its place is my Lord Jesus Christ and He is there for my love. 

O my God
―my All―I believe you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. You are hidden from our bodily eyes in the Consecrated Host; but my Holy Faith reveals you to me as the Mighty Ruler of Heaven and Earth, and the Saviour of the world.  

 Ah, my most sweet Jesus, as you are my Hope, my Salvation, my Strength, and my Consolation; so I wish that you will also be my Love, and the sole object of all my thoughts, my desires, and my affections. I have more pleasure in the supreme happiness which you enjoy
―and will enjoy eternally―than in any good that I could ever have both in time and in eternity. My supreme happiness consists in this―that you, my beloved Redeemer, are perfectly happy, and that your happiness is unbounded. 

Reign, my Lord, reign over my soul, for it is wholly yours; let it be your possession always. Let my will, my senses, my powers be all the servants of your love, and whilst I am in this life let them serve no other aim but to give you glory. Mary most holy, you were the first lover and the Mother of Jesus, and in this way was your life passed; so help me and pray for me that I may live from this day forward, happy as you were, all for God.  

    
Aspiration―My Jesus, make me be all yours then you will be all mine.   


SPIRITUAL COMMUNION  


Jesus, I believe you are in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you; I want you to come to me. Come into my heart; I embrace you; O never depart from me.  



A VISIT TO MARY 

THE GATE OF MARY'S MERCY 



The Good Shepherd entrusted the care of His flock to His Mother.

"Blessed is the man who keeps watch at my gates every day and who is watching at my door post." (Prov. 8). As the poor wait at the doors of the rich, so blessed is the man who waits at the gate of Mary's mercy, seeking for alms which come in the form of graces; but even more blessed still is the man who tries to imitate the virtues which he learns from Mary, particularly the virtues of purity and humility.

Aspiration
―My Hope, help me.

Prayer After Each Visit



No comments:

Post a Comment