Mary's Little Office

Friday, September 8, 2017

Happy Birthday Mary


On that blessed Nativity all the angels descended from heaven to the house of St. Anne, to salute the child which that happy mother then gave to the world. (St. Bernadine)


Birthday Prayer to My Mother Mary

Mary, My Mother, I rejoice with the Blessed Trinity on your birthday because you were to take part in the Incarnation and Redemption of the world.  
I rejoice with all mankind because you became the Mother of our Redeemer.  
I rejoice with the whole Church because you are our life: you bore Jesus, Who is the Way and the Truth and the Life, and Who was to restore to mankind that supernatural life which had been lost.  
I have every reason to rejoice, for as the Mother of Jesus and my Mother, you are my hope of salvation. Through your prayers and the prayers of your holy parents may I learn to know and love you more and ever remain your faithful child.  This is my sure way of reaching heaven and my God.  

Bestow on Your servants, we beg of You, O Lord, the gift of heavenly grace, that we, for whom the Blessed Virgin's motherhood was the beginning of salvation, may be blessed with peace on the sacred feast day of her Nativity.  Through Christ Our Lord.  Amen.

(Prayer by Lawrence G. Lovasik, S.V.D.)

No comments:

Post a Comment