Mary's Little Office

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Prayers at Dawn


Our Thanks to LG at FreeSound for this beautiful recording of the gentle rain at Saas-Fee Switzerland.

Prayer at Dawn or Matins
Matins Explained

Come, my lips, and wide proclaim 
The blessed Virgin's spotless fame.  

V. O Lady, make speed to befriend me. 
R. From the hands of the enemy mightily defend me. 
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. 
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.—Amen.

Alleluia. 

Hymn  

Hail, Queen of the heaven, 
     Hail, mistress of earth! 
Hail, Virgin most pure, 
     Of immaculate birth!  

Clear star of the morning, 
     In beauty enshrin'd, 
O Lady, make speed 
     To the help of mankind.

Thee God in the depth 
     Of eternity chose; 
And form'd thee all fair 
     As His glorious spouse; 

And call'd thee His Word's 
     Own Mother to be, 
By whom He created 
     The earth, sky, and sea.Amen. 

V. God elected her, and pre-elected her. 
R. He made her to dwell in His tabernacle. 
V. O Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee. 

Let Us Pray. 


O Holy Mary, Queen of heaven, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Mistress of the world, who forsakest no one, and despises no one; look upon me, O Lady, with an eye of pity, and entreat for me, of thy beloved Son, the forgiveness of all my sins; that, as I now celebrate with devout affection Thy Holy and Immaculate Conceptionso hereafter, I may receive the prize of eternal blessedness, by the grace of Him whom thou, in virginity, didst bring forth, Jesus Christ our Lord; who, with the Father and the Holy Ghost, liveth and reigneth, in perfect unity, God, world without end.  Amen. 

V.  O Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee. 
V.  Let us bless the Lord. 
R. Thanks be to God. 
V.  May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 
R. Amen. 

Continue to Morning Prayer


I opened my window to the gentle rain
 and said my prayers there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment