Mary's Little Office

Friday, March 9, 2018

Ninth Little Visit to Jesus and Mary


THE BREAD OF LIFE


St. John tells us that he saw Our Lord bound about the breast with a cincture of gold: "I saw the Son of Man with a golden girdle about his breast." (Apoc.1:13). In the Most Holy Sacrament the breast of Jesus is overflowing with graces which the Sacred Heart is longing in mercy to pour out upon men. 

"You will be carried at the breast." (Is.66:12). He tells us through the mouth of His prophet that His love for us is tender as the love of a mother, who finds her solace and her joy only in nourishing the child she loves. 

The Venerable Father Alvarez saw Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament with His hands full of favors, and He was seeking out those to whom he could distribute them. 

It is told of St. Catherine of Sienna that when she went to the Most Holy Sacrament, she went with a heart thirsting for love, in much the same way as a babe in its need turns to the breast of its mother. 

O only Begotten Son of the Eternal Father, you are most lovely, and I well know that it is you who are the most worthy object of my love. I wish to love you as much as you desire―at least I want to love you as much as a creature is capable of wanting to love you. 

I understand that because I have failed you and even by my sins become a rebel to your love that I have no claim to your love. I have no right even to come close to you as I now am in this church; but I understand too that, in spite of all this, it is you yourself who are still seeking my love; I hear You saying to me, "My child, give me your heart:" Love the Lord your God with all your heart." It is for this, I know, that my life has been prolonged by you, and that I have not been condemned to hell that, being converted, I give all my love to you. 

Since then you still want to be loved by me, here I am, O my God. To you I give myself; to you I dedicate my whole being. You are all goodness, O my God; you are all love. I love you. I choose you to be the only Lord and King of my poor heart; this is your own wish, and it is mine too, that my heart should be yours; though of itself my poor heart is cold and repellent, when you accept it you can change it. Change me, O Lord, my God; bring about a change in me. I do not rely on myself or I should remain still as I was in the past―ungrateful, and with so little love of your boundless goodness: that goodness which loves me so greatly and deserves in return a boundless love. Bring it about that in all my days to come I may be able to make up for the love that I have failed to give you in times past.  

Aspiration
―My God, my God, I want to love you, I want to love you, I want to love you.
 


SPIRITUAL COMMUNION  

Jesus, I believe you are in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you; I want you to come to me. Come into my heart; I embrace you; O never depart from me.  
 

A VISIT TO MARY 



THE CONSOLER OF THE AFFLICTED  


Mary is very much like her Son Jesus in this; being the Mother of Mercy she experiences great joy when she is able to help and console sinners.

Bernadine de Bustis tells us that Mary's desire to bestow favors on everybody is so intense that it is greater than our wish to receive them: "Her wish to dispense gifts to you and to do you good is greater than your wish to receive her gifts."

Aspiration
―Hail, our Hope!

Prayer After Visit




No comments:

Post a Comment