This morning I come to you with love and trust.
I place myself in your motherly care, and I give you my whole self—my body and my soul, my thoughts and my heart, and everything I will do today.
Dear Mother Mary, stay close beside me. Watch over me wherever I go.
Keep me from sin and from anything that might lead me away from your dear Son, Jesus.
Help me to be good and gentle today. Guide my thoughts, my words, and everything I do, so that my life may be pleasing to God.
When something is difficult, help me to be patient. When I am afraid, help me to trust.
And when I forget to think of God, gently lead my heart back to Him.
Blessed Mother, keep me beneath your loving protection all through this day.
And when my life on earth is finished, please lead me safely home to Jesus, where I may be with Him forever.
Amen.
______________
This beautiful Morning Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary comes from an old handwritten German Catholic prayer book. Written in the traditional script of an earlier time, it reflects a simple and deeply trusting devotion to Our Lady.
The original prayer was intended to be prayed at the beginning of the day, placing body and soul, thoughts, words, and daily actions beneath Mary’s motherly protection. It asks her to guard us from sin, keep us close to her Son, Jesus, and one day lead us safely home to Him.
The prayer has been gently translated into clear, simple English while preserving the tender spirit and meaning of the original handwritten prayer.

No comments:
Post a Comment