Saturday, August 15, 2026

Prayer for The Feast of the Assumption



Dear Lord,

On this beautiful feast of Our Blessed Mother’s Assumption, I think of Mary with You in Heaven, exalted above the choirs of angels and close to her dear Son.

Dear Jesus, I know that I cannot always please You as I should. Please forgive me when I fail You, and through the prayers of Your Blessed Mother, help me always stay close to You.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, keep me close to Jesus.

And someday, when my life on earth is finished, please help me come safely home to Heaven, where you are with Him forever.

Dear Mother Mary, pray for me.

Amen.

________________


About This Prayer

This little prayer for the Feast of the Assumption comes from an old German Catholic Marian prayer book, Omni die: Vollständiges Marien-Buch. On its well-worn pages is a special prayer appointed for August 15, the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.


No comments:

Post a Comment