Mary's Little Office

Monday, December 4, 2017

First Monday of Advent


What glory and splendor, O Lord, shall await us, when, after a long and fatiguing struggle, with the aid of Thy powerful grace, we shall enter the heavenly Jerusalem as conquerors of the world, the flesh and Satan. Oh, grant us all this grace, Divine Bridegroom of our souls. Grant that we may daily prove ourselves more worthy of it, that here below we may fight a good fight and one day praise Thee in union with all the angels and saints in heaven for all eternity. Thou, holy and Immaculate Virgin, who with thy virginal foot didst crush the serpent's head, help us to achieve the victory and glorify God by a holy life.

Resolution:
In the struggles and trials of this day, we will call to mind that by patience and fidelity we must conquer the enemy and acquire merit.

Spiritual Bouquet: 
"To them that love God, all things tend unto good."

Prayer:
Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. Thou hast given me all that I am and all that I possess; I surrender it all to Thee that Thou mayest dispose of it according to Thy Will. Give me only Thy love and Thy grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will have no more to desire.


Jesus, Model of Religious,
Frederick Pustet Co., 1925





No comments:

Post a Comment