Mary's Little Office

Friday, January 26, 2018

Prayers Before and After Praying

ENLARGE


BEFORE PRAYER:

O Lord, open Thou my mouth that I may bless Thy Holy Name. Cleanse my heart from all vain, evil an wandering thoughts; enlighten my understanding; kindle my affections, that I may pray to, and praise Thee with attention and devotion; and may worthily be heard before the presence of Thy Divine Majesty. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Lord, in union with that Divine Intention wherewith Thou didst Thyself praise God, while as Thou wast on earth, I offer these Hours unto Thee. 

MARY'S LITTLE OFFICE




AFTER PRAYER:

To the Most Holy and undivided Trinity, to the Manhood of our Lord Jesus Christ Crucified, to the fruitful Virginity of the most blessed and most glorious Mary, always a Virgin, and to the holiness of all the Saints be ascribed everlasting praise, honor, and glory, by all creatures, and to us be granted the forgiveness of all our sins, world without end. Amen.

V. Blessed be the womb of the Virgin Mary which bore the Son of the Eternal Father.
R. And blessed be the paps which gave suck to Christ our Lord.
Then are said the Lord's Prayer and the Angelic Salutation.

(The Roman Breviary, William Blackwood & Sons, Edinburgh & London, 1880).









No comments:

Post a Comment