Mary's Little Office

Saturday, December 16, 2017

10 P.M. - Compline or Night Prayer


V. May Jesus Christ thy Son, reconciled by thy prayers, O Lady, convert our hearts.
R. .And turn away His anger from us. 
V.  O Lady, make speed to befriend me. 
R. From the hands of the enemy mightily defend me. 
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. 
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.—Amen. 

Alleluia. 
  

Hymn 

Hail, Mother most pure; 
Hail, Virgin renown'd; 
Hail, Queen with the stars 
As a diadem crowned.

Above all the Angels 
In glory untold, 
Standing next to the King 
In a vesture of gold.

O Mother of Mercy. 
O Star of the wave; 
O Hope of the guilty, 
O Light of the grave!

Through thee may we come 
To the haven of rest; 
And see heaven's King 
In the courts of the blest!Amen.

V. Thy name, O Mary, is as oil poured out. 
R. Thy servants have loved thee exceedingly. 
V. O Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee.  



Let Us Pray. 

Holy Mary, Queen of heaven, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ and Mistress of the world, who forsakest no one, and despisest no one; look upon me, O Lady, with an eye of pity, and entreat for me, of thy beloved Son, the forgiveness of all my sins; that as I now celebrate with devout affection thy holy and Immaculate Conception, so, hereafter, I may receive the prize of eternal blessedness, by the grace of Him whom thou, in virginity, didst bring forth Jesus Christ our Lord; Who, with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth, in perfect Trinity, God, world without end.—Amen.

V. Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee. 
V. Let us bless the Lord. 
R. Thanks be to God. 
V. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 
R. Amen.  



THE COMMENDATION. 

These praises and prayers 
I lay at thy feet, 
O Virgin of Virgins! 
O Mary most sweet! 
Be thou my true guide 
Through this pilgrimage here; 
And stand by my side 
When death draweth near.

V. Thanks be to God. 
Ant. This is the rod, wherein was neither the knot of original sin, nor the bark of actual sin. 



Let Us Pray 

O God, Who by the Immaculate Conception of a Virgin didst make ready a meet dwelling for Thy Son, we beseech Thee that thou, who, foreseeing the death of that same Son of thine, didst keep her free from all stain, mayest suffer us also, with clean hearts through her pleading, to come unto thee. Through the same Christ our Lord. 
R. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment