Mary's Little Office

Sunday, December 17, 2017

12 P.M - Sext or Noon Prayer


V. O Lady, make speed to befriend me. 
R. From the hands of the enemy mightily defend me. 
V. Glory be to the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. 
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.Amen.   

Alleluia.   


Hymn 
Hail, virginal Mother, 
Hail, purity's Cell, 
Fair Shrine where the Trinity 
Loveth to dwell:

Hail, garden of pleasure, 
Celestial balm, 
Cedar of chastity, 
Martyrdom's palm.

Thou land set apart 
From uses profane, 
And free from the curse 
Which in Adam began.

Thou City of God, 
Thou gate of the east: 
In thee is all grace, 
O joy of the blest!Amen.

V. As the lily among the thorns. 
R. So is my beloved among the daughters of Adam. 
V. O Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee.

Let Us Pray.     

Holy Mary, Queen of heaven, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Mistress of the world, who forsakest no one, and despisest no one; look upon me, O Lady, with an eye of pity, and entreat for me, of thy beloved Son, the forgiveness of all my sins; that as I now celebrate with devout affection thy holy and Immaculate Conception, so, hereafter, I may receive the prize of eternal blessedness, by the grace of Him whom thou, in virginity, didst bring forth, Jesus Christ our Lord: Who, with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth, in perfect Trinity, God, world without end.—Amen.

V. O Lady, hear my prayer. 
R. And let my cry come unto thee. 
V. Let us bless the Lord. 
R. Thanks be to God. 
V. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 
R. Amen.

Continue to  None or Afternoon Prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment