Mary's Little Office

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Our Lady of Sorrows - A Prayer

Our Lady of Sorrows
Hand Painted French Holy Card, 18th century
Lourdes Museum,  2016
  
Prayer to Our Lady of Sorrows

O Most holy and afflicted Virgin! Queen of martyrs! thou who didst stand beneath the Cross, witnessing the agony of thy expiring Son―through the unceasing sufferings of thy life of sorrow, and the bliss which now more than amply repays thee for thy past trials, look down with a mother's tenderness and pity on me, who kneel before thee to venerate thy Dolors, and place my requests with filial confidence, in the sanctuary of thy wounded heart; present them, I beseech thee, on my behalf to Jesus Christ, through the merits of His own most sacred Passion and Death, together with thy sufferings at the foot of the Cross, and through the united efficacy of both, obtain the grant of my present petition. To whom shall I recur my wants and miseries if not to thee, O Mother of mercy, who, having so deeply drunk of the chalice of thy Son, canst compassionate the woes of those who still sigh in the land of exile.  Amen.

Borrowed from - Mary's Seven Sorrows
Publisher - Benedictine Convent of Perpetual Adoration
Clyde, Missouri, 1955



No comments:

Post a Comment