I come before You with a humble and sorry heart.
I know that I have sinned. I have not always done what is right, and I have not always loved You as faithfully as I should.
Dear Father, I am truly sorry.
I am sorry because You have always been so good to me. You have loved me, cared for me, and given me everything I have.
And still, I have sometimes forgotten You and chosen what I wanted instead of what You wanted.
Please have mercy on me.
You know my whole heart, dear God. Nothing is hidden from You.
You know every wrong thing I have done, every unkind word I have spoken, and every good thing I should have done but did not do.
You even know the sins I have forgotten.
Please help me see myself truthfully, but do not let me be afraid.
You are my Father, and I know that You love me.
So I come back to You just as I am.
Please forgive me.
Dear Jesus,
You loved me so much that You suffered and died for me.
You shed Your Precious Blood so that my sins could be forgiven and I could belong to God forever.
Please let Your Precious Blood wash away everything in me that is sinful and make my heart clean again.
Give me true sorrow for my sins, not only because I am afraid of punishment, but because I am sorry that I have offended You, whom I love.
Help me now to make a good confession.
Give me courage to tell my sins simply, honestly, and completely.
If there is something I am ashamed to say, give me courage to say it anyway.
Do not let fear keep anything hidden in my heart.
And when I kneel before the priest, help me remember that I am really coming to You, dear Jesus.
You already know everything.
You are only waiting for me to come back.
Please receive me with mercy.
Forgive my sins, give peace to my heart, and help me begin again.
Dear Father,
I do not want to wander away from You.
When I am tempted, please stay close to me. Help me remember how much You love me and give me strength to choose what is good.
Make me kinder and more patient.
Help me to obey more willingly, forgive more quickly, speak more gently, and love You more each day.
And if I fall again, dear Father, please help me never to run away from You.
Teach me always to come home.
I place myself completely in Your loving hands.
I am sorry for my sins.
I trust in Your mercy.
I love You, dear God.
For the sake of Jesus and His Precious Blood, forgive me, make my heart clean, and keep me close to You all the days of my life.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment