Our prayers are very precious to God.
When we speak to Him from our hearts, He listens.
The saints tell us that even the angels carry our prayers before God, almost like sweet incense rising up to Heaven.
I love thinking about that.
Even a little prayer, quietly whispered, is precious to Him. No prayer offered with love and trust is too small for God to hear.
The Bible tells us this again and again.
God says, “Call upon Me, and I will hear you.”
And Jesus tells us, “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.”
These are such comforting words.
Jesus wants us to come to Him. He wants us to ask for His help and to trust Him with the things that are in our hearts.
He even tells us that our Father in Heaven gives good things to those who ask Him.
That does not mean that God will always give me exactly what I ask for, or in the way I expect.
God sees things that I cannot see, and He knows what is truly best for me.
But I can always be certain of this:
God hears me.
He knows what I need.
And when I pray with faith, my prayer is never forgotten.
So when I am worried, I can pray.
When I need help, I can pray.
When someone I love needs God’s grace, I can pray for them.
And even when I do not know what to say, I can simply turn my heart toward God and ask Him to help me.
Then I can leave my prayer in His hands, trusting that my Father in Heaven has heard me.
And that is a very peaceful thing to know.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment