Mary's Little Office

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Month of Mary - 13th Day



The Story:

  In the life of St. Andrew Avellino, we read that in his last hour, he had such a terrible struggle with Satan, that his brethren in religion trembled in fear. His countenance swelled and grew dark, his limbs trembled, with hands and feet he appeared to contend against the last assaults of hell. They increased their prayers, he looking meanwhile steadily upon an image of the blessed Mother of God. At last the struggle ended; his countenance brightened, and bowing to the image, he gave up his soul. "Thus also shalt thou die," remarks St. Alphonsus Liguori, . . . if thou hast served her (Mary) faithfully in life, and confidently invoked her help in the hour of death."

The Prayer:

In all my necessities I will fly to thee, O my dear Mother Mary, but especially in the misery of my sinful state; despise not my prayers, but by thy intercession and power deliver me from all evil; let me, poor sinner, approach and invoke thee now to assist me in my last moments. "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and in the hour of our death." Amen.

Pray Your Rosary 

No comments:

Post a Comment