Mary's Little Office

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Month of Mary - 16th Day



The Story:

St. Mary Magdalen of Pazzi frequently entered into a kind of ecstasy when meditating upon the love of God, expressed principally in the work of redemption, and seized by the flame of heavenly love she exclaimed: "O God of love! O God of love! The love which Thou, my Jesus, bearest to men, is exceedingly great." Then she would turn to her sisters in religion and say: "Do you not know, dear sisters, that my Jesus is nothing else but love? O, that the whole world would hear my voice, so that the love of Jesus would be known and loved by all." She was also a great venerator of Mary, "the Mother of beautiful love." The convent in which she lived was, to her great delight under the protection of the blessed Mother of God. When she was to make her vows, she was sick. She had her sisters carry her to the altar of Mary, and there in sight of the Queen of heaven and amid many tears she consecrated herself entirely to her Saviour Jesus by the solemn vows. She lived fifty-two years in the most zealous service of God and His holy Mother.

The Prayer:

O sacred heart of Mary, impart to my cold heart a few sparks of thy ardent love, that like thee I may love God above all and my neighbor as myself; that I may seek nothing but the fullfillment of His holy will, and, like thee, be ready to make every sacrifice that this love may demand of me. Amen.


Pray Your Rosary 

No comments:

Post a Comment